The purpose of the Michigan Germanic Genealogical Society shall be:
- To promote the study of and interest in the immigration of people of Germanic heritage to America.
- To exchange cultural information relating to the times, life, and society of Germanic immigrants and their descendants.
- To encourage and provide the means for members to share their genealogical findings through meeting and newsletters and to promote the collection and preservation of such materials.
- President: Ed Redmer
- Vice President: Tim Salatin
- Secretary: Brenda Leyndyke
- Treasurer: open
- Director (term ends 2020) Jill O’Sullivan
- Director (term ends 2021) Gloria Osborne
- Director (term ends 2022) Trudy Krueger