The purpose of the Michigan Germanic Genealogical Society shall be:
- To promote the study of and interest in the immigration of people of Germanic heritage to America.
- To exchange cultural information relating to the times, life, and society of Germanic immigrants and their descendants.
- To encourage and provide the means for members to share their genealogical findings through meeting and newsletters and to promote the collection and preservation of such materials.
- President: Ed Redmer (to June 30, 2021)
- Vice President: open
- Secretary: Brenda Leyndyke (to June 30, 2021)
- Treasurer: open
- Director Gloria Osborne (term ends 2021)
- Director Trudy Krueger (term ends 2022)
- Director open (term ends 2023)